View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

MM,

I had a shoulder MRI 2 months ago. I asked the tech. She said it is just a matter of the MRI equipment having the proper software package. She believed most due. DTI's are also used for imaging heart disease. The challenge is finding a neuro who will prescribe it and a radiologist who knows how to read the images. You might try contacting some local radiologist groups and ask some questions.

A brain injury attorney might also be a good contact. They may have the contacts to the radiologists and if you tell them a DTI can differentiate physiological from psychological issues, they may want to find a DTI radiologist for their own use.

Also, The Cleveland Clinic has a huge radiologist group that reads images taken in MRI's and other facilities nationwide. That may be a good place to check. My shoulder MRI taken in Idaho was read by Cleveland. A Massachusetts PCS patient who is a NT participant had his MRI sent off to Cleveland to be read. Research shows that the neuroradiologist who reads the MRI is a very important part of the equation.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MicroMan (10-19-2015)