Thread: Amitriptyline
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 08:07 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris85 View Post
Yes your right it isnt a sleeping pill but it has similar effects to one. Im not taking medication because i can still just about function and go to work etc although it is painful i need to be able to think clearly for my job. A lot of these meds for pain interfere with the thinking and concentration power. Im trying alternative methods before i start on pain killers because id like to avoid a long term addiction if at all possible. Im trying TCM at the moment. My gp is checking for b12 and diabetes to try and find some underlying cause.
Hi Chris,
I wasn't able to function on gabapentin or topamax due to walking around like a zombie, so I totally understand your situation. I refused to try medications in the beginning but realized that constant pain and insomnia is awful, and makes depression even worse. I finally found the right medicines that are working for now at least, and allow me to function. Hopefully you can find the cause and begin treatment to feel better...this forum has given me so much information that has been extremely useful. The supplements suggested here have made a difference for me as well. Thanks to Mrs. D and many other posters here you can find answers that your Drs. may be unaware of. Keep us posted.
Lukesmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-19-2015)