View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 08:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you DejaVu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
Hi Debi,

I have been away from the forum; yet, have been thinking of you and your family.

Just catching up on your thread.

I watch my mother adjust to the loss of my stepdad. She shares a home with me and with my husband for now. My stepdad had passed 3 years ago. It's been a very difficult time for her. She is doing much better now, yet it's still an adjustment for her to be without her husband. I see and feel her pain, often. I just hold her and tell her I know she misses him. I miss him very much too, yet it's such a deep loss for a spouse.

I look at my husband, as we are your age, and wonder what I would do without him. He has been my very best friend since we'd met. Our friendship runs so deep and has never wavered.

I hope you will be more comfortable on all levels, soon.

Much Love to You and to Your Family,

DejaVu
So strange that you mentioned the deep loss of a spouse. I've just been thinking about that the last few weeks and have come to realize that a relationship between a couple is so very different than any other they may have.

I love my kids and grandkids and they have been here every single day for me but it's not the same as having Bubba here. The life decisions I'm having to make now are all something I would want to discuss with him. Medicare being one and that alone is driving me absolutely nuts. I got all the paperwork before he passed but never had time to go over it. This is the first time for me and it starts 11.1 and I haven't done anything yet. But I have a plan that was decided on by me and help from my bestest friend who is on here !

Today I have to go to the Probate Clerk and be sworn in as Bubba's whatever for the Will. I already know it's going to be a sucky day for me. At least I woke up with a clear head so that will help with the pain.

I have to say the hardest thing for me to see right now is Bubba's truck. I gave it to Luke but just seeing it come in the driveway tears my heart up. I passed it one day last week when Luke was cutting grass and I just laid over the side and cried....my sweet neighbor Jake saw me and came and gave me a hug and talked to me for a bit. Bubba's passing has really brought this street together and it is amazing.

Thank you DejaVu for your sweet message.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-20-2015), EnglishDave (10-19-2015), eva5667faliure (11-08-2015), Hopeless (10-20-2015), Kitty (10-19-2015), Littlepaw (10-20-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-19-2015), RSD ME (10-19-2015)