Thread: I can't sleep
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 09:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I agree about proceeding with caution on an SCS. Dr. Chopra comes out against them in his video partly because of the complication rate and party because he says they work for 2-3 years then the body finds a way around it. I don't know if there are longevity studies out there on CRPS and SCS. It might be worth trawling around on Google Scholar for that.

That said, they are coming out with new technology all the time. There was a recent post on the Medications and Treatments thread mentioning the Stimwave wireless SCS that is injected via needle. That is a lot less invasive. The website says patients can even have MRI with them. IF you are going to get an SCS, research the various options and don't settle.

On work, I have thought about this standing, walking about thing and I wonder...would the use of an electric scooter be an option? You could maybe use it part of the day. I used a GoGo Elite traveler which is very small and maneuverable. I had friend who had to walk a lot for work rent one after bunion surgery. She kept it at work.

On your surgeon, just because they think you're all healed doesn't make it true. Yes, maybe your bone is healed, however you are clearly not all better yet. My initial surgeon was convinced my surgery was a "success" until my revision by another surgeon proved otherwise. Get your other docs involved or get another opinion for your paperwork if you need. You don't want to backtrack your recovery by overdoing.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (10-19-2015), DejaVu (10-20-2015), mama mac (10-19-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-19-2015)