View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi caroline,

I completely understand your concern about adding further trauma to your system and appreciate your hesitation about dealing with this root canaled tooth as that could include decisions about other teeth related to this bridge. However at the very same time I think you realize that a chronic infection anyplace in your body can not only jeopardize the integrity of your hip replacement but it can also cause other systemic health problems.

Root canaled teeth are a chronic source of bacterial infection and inflammation. The oral cavity and the jaw bone are highly vascular which means that both good and bad bacteria living in our mouths and jaw bone continuously travels throughout our bodily systems and organs. You have managed to reduce the obvious physical symptoms of your infected tooth for 10 years, but that does not in any way mean that the infection is not present all of the time.

I am not trying to convince you to seek dental care as that is your personal decision. I am just here to inform you and others reading these posts that once a tooth is root canaled it is a constant source of infection and an absence or decrease in physical symptoms of that infection should not be misunderstood as a resolution of the infection.

I hope you know that I am here to help, not hinder
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
Thanks Bryanna on the myrrh....I'm just so NOT wanting to do dental work...I'm exhausted from so much pain from the hip surgery and my body and DREAD anymore trauma. I may see a NEW dentist soon. Thanks again.

I've kept this area going without dental work for maybe 10 yrs.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote