View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD ME
they have miniature greyhounds now. they are so cute! and corgis are cool but a little larger. i also am partial to shelties though and they can get to be around 20 lbs or more. i am looking into another dog too that is a small one but i am getting a rescue when i find the right one. having a fenced in yard when you're disabled helps no matter what size dog you get. i try to walk with my dog once in a while but sometimes i'm just not able to because of my disability. good luck in your search and i hope you find the perfect doggie soon!
We have always had Dachshunds and they are my favorite breed, however, we just went to kitty cats since I am unable to walk doggies now. However, a sweet Dachsie may be a good match and I would suggest looking for an older pup at a Dachshund specific rescue organization. They are nationwide. Just look up Dachshund Rescue for the closest one in your area. Older dogs and calmer and not as needy. If you have a small yard, you won't need to walk them. If you get one that likes to play ball or is spry, you can just used your hallway to play ball or let them go crazy with the squeaky toys. I hope you find the BEST little companions. I never thought I was a kitty cat person but the two 4 year old sisters we adopted have just won me over.
Valleydachs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (10-19-2015), katmae (10-19-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-19-2015), RSD ME (10-28-2015), vintagewine (10-19-2015)