View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 07:02 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

I watch my labs like crazy as I get older and things come up ok each year. Do you know your A1c number from the lab work, mine came in at 5.4 last year and hope it's still low.

I've really cut way back on sugars/carbs in the last 5 yrs or so, but didn't pay attention my earlier life and ate everything. I know I can do better as I do weaken for some sweets. But I've chosen not to bring bread into my house now for over 5 yrs. So I'm happy about that accomplishment.

I have a bridge friend who says her doctor tells her she is borderline diabetic and if a doctor told me that I would work very hard on controlling my foods. She does not and eats a lot of carbs/sugars. My gut tells me she is diabetic and wonder just when a person get the doctor's attention to this epidemic from so much I read and hear. She also deals with neuropathy and was on statins for 30 yrs, she still is but says she's cut back.

I hear an MD on the radio and when people call in and say they are told they are borderline diabetic, the MD says "you are diabetic". I don't know if that's true and all lab numbers need to be considered. Diet is major as I see it. I'd ask more questions of the doctor if it were me and work on getting into a better range. From all I've heard over the years, type 2 can be just about reversed. I'm rambling. Good wishes.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote