View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 01:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Dear Bobby,

Chronic conditions and pain magnify everything, including stress.

I personally have found myself get wound up tight like a spinning top since I became disabled. Things that used to just roll off my back like water off a duck now will send me into a complete tizzy.

Little things seem to fester and boil that previously were easily shrugged off.

There have been times where I wonder where I went and who is this person that replaced me that looks back in the mirror at me. It sure does not have the same disposition and personality I had.

Some days, I will see glimpses of my former self, but pain and suffering do take a toll on us in many ways.

Moving away from those neighbors sounds like a really good thing and may help reduce some of your stress levels. Now, if SS will let you be, you could go back to your life and eliminate the stress they are causing you, too.

About the SS review,.... it could be that your "income" on the mortgage paperwork may have been a trigger, but as easily as you clarified that in your post, that may be all that it would take to clarify it with SS. They may have thought it was current "earnings" from current work.

Like I said, I don't know much about it and would defer to others more informed, but it may just be that simple. I don't know why or how SS would know about the mortgage application but I also don't know how a lot of information gets disseminated to other sources.

ie, I don't know how my life history got on Goggle. I did not post it. I don't have Facebook, Twitter, or any "public" internet stuff but Google knows more about me than I do.

Guess privacy is a thing of the past for sure these days.

Your post pretty much describes me and i how feel everyday. You nailed it perfectly. Some days i also dont know who iam anymore. Life just seems like i have this huge ssdi cloud constantly hanging over my head. The money we all get from ssdi is a very nice thing, but the stress that comes along with it, a lot of times makes the money not worth it. Am not against reviews and checking people out, but after you check them out and see they have conditions that arent going to get better and will stay the same or get worse, then leave them alone and let them have some quality of peace in their life, since dealing with any type of disability is hard enough. In my case, i still have a cage in my neck and i still have bad discs in my neck and back, that havent magically gotten better in 14 years. Hell even if i never got hurt at age 39, 14 years later in life my health isnt gonna be as good as it was then. Every year that goes by even for healthy people, they become less healthy, its just part of life for all of us. So for ssdi to think people with disabilities are some how going to get better in conditions that dont get better with time, is frustrating.
I guess i just get mad because i worked a job dedicated to helping people and now when i need help, it feels like some govt agency is busing my chops.
In the end it should all work out, but the stress that goes with it, just aint fair. I have afib and diabetes, that combo alone makes me 30 times more likely to have a stroke or heart attack, stress certainly wont help that number,loll

Its funny about the mortgage thing. My paperwork that came today, showed my lock in date as oct 15 and my ssdi paperwork had an oct 16th date. I dont know much how ssdi operates, but i would think if they thought i was working and making money, send me a letter just asking that and not about my doctors appts again.

Thank you to everybody for listening to me, when am sure each and every one of you also have your own problems to deal with with daily

Bobby
Bobby17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (10-20-2015)