View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 09:52 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi maiamontilla,

Thank you for answering the questions

When you had your dental cleaning, did the hygienist do a full mouth series of xrays? That would be 18-20 xrays. I ask that because the only way to help diagnose cavities, infection, bone loss, etc is to take xrays of all of the teeth. Without them, the visual oral examination is limited. Our teeth can look really healthy visually, but radio graphically have problems.

I think you may have something going on in that area of your mouth where the teeth have been extracted that may be related to the root canaled tooth that you had removed in August. Based on your description, that rc tooth was severely infected and it is very possible that it had infected the tooth next to it, the recently extracted one. I also think the dentist may not have cleaned out the extractions sites very well when he removed the teeth. It is imperative that a thorough debridement (scraping) of the bone be done with every tooth extraction. If it is not done, then infection will continue to linger irrelevant of taking antibiotics. Unfortunately, many general dentists do not take the time to debride the bone. The lingering pain, the swelling, the sores and now the formation of a white dot on the gums are indicative of an ongoing problem. I would recommend that you consult with an oral surgeon to evaluate that area of your mouth.

If you have not had it done already, ideally you should have a full mouth series of xrays done to help establish the health of your teeth, bone and gums. All of those xrays along with any previous xrays of the problem area of your mouth should be shown to the oral surgeon for proper and thorough evaluation.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiamontilla View Post
Hi, Bryanna.

Thank you again for the reply. Here are the answers to your questions.

No, I am not prone to canker sore. The one that I had on my tongue was the only sore that I could remember (or maybe because it hit me too bad) and it happened a couple of years ago, but I'm pretty sure I'm not prone and don't get it frequently. And I don't have Herpes Zepros Virus, it's actually my first time to hear that, so I googled it and yes, negative. Also, I am not going thru Auto Immune Disorder and the only medication I am having is the antibiotic which my dentist told me to continue and it's my last day of taking those.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that the first tooth pulled on August has undergone Root Canal, last 2012. And on July, this year, it has been aching everyday. So, I visited my dentist and have it extracted. There was pus all over the tooth and he said, it was the cause of my suffering. He even told me that the Root Canal was not succesfully done because there should be a certain "stuff" (sorry, I forgot the word) inserted in
the tooth. After the op, I thought my agony was over, but still and all, I continue feeling the burden. Until, it affects the tooth next to it (yes, the one that I first consulted with you and the one with canker sore)

The general health of my teeth and gums, I may say, is pretty fine. My gums are somewhat pinkish and other teeth are not giving me pain and I have no "black tooth". But, my bad, I don't go and have regular dental check up, not unless I am hurting. Though, I just had prophylaxis, but I don't do it every after 6 months. And I really regret that I did not take so much care of my dental health cos if I did, assumably, I am not going thru this burden.

I hope I clearly answered everything.

And by the way, Bryanna, I've noticed yesterday that my gums on the side of the socket (near the cheek) is swollen and it has a white dot on the middle. Is it just normal?

I guess everyday the amount of pain is increasing, instead of subsiding. And I am honestly tired. My dentist told me to avoid stress, but this is causing me too much of it. I also apologize if I have a lot of concerns, Bryanna, but I'm more comfortable opening up my burden with you than my dentist who loves to give me "maybe" answers.

Endless thanks.

Xx

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote