Thread: NewB
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 05:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello and Welcome,

I am so sorry you had to come join us but it is a soft place to land. We have a really supportive community.

I don't have neuropathy but I suffered a complicated nerve injury during a minor surgical procedure and subsequently had a 3.5 hour repair. I later ended up with CRPS after another procedure (long story). Guess my poor nerves had had enough. Many of us here understand nerve pain and how devastating it can be.

Hypnosis can be helpful. I saw a therapist versed in chronic pain and trauma who utilized EMDR and hypnosis and I found them both beneficial. Addressing the depression and anxiety that can come with these kinds of life changes is important and therapy can increase coping skills for pain.

I am getting ketamine infusions and they help with both CRPS symptoms and the original nerve pain I had before CRPS.

Welcome aboard. You will find the peripheral neuropathy forum full of helpful people. You could Come see us on the CRPS forum as well. It sounds like you share a lot of features with us and we have an active, caring group of members all dealing with neuropathic pain.

I hope you find what you need and get relief soon!
Sending hugs and healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (10-21-2015), EnglishDave (10-20-2015), Lara (10-20-2015), St George 2013 (10-20-2015)