View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Maiamontilla,

The fact that these dentists have not done xrays is totally unacceptable. Please do not allow any more dentists to treat you without xrays. They cannot see the extent of the problem without xrays and you cannot keep taking antibiotics without knowing why they are prescribed. Antibiotics disrupt your intestinal bacteria which can make you very ill. So they should not be prescribed so carelessly as your dentists have done.

The infection that you have is most likely in the jaw bone, not just the gum tissue. Typically the infection from the root canaled tooth spreads into the bone and causes an abscess. Based on your description the dentist that extracted the teeth did not scrape the bone clean, therefore, the abscess would still present.

Can you see a different oral surgeon and make sure that he takes a full mouth series of xrays? You have the right to be treated properly. All dentists know better than to treat a patient without xrays. Please seek help from someone else.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiamontilla View Post
Hello, Bryanna.

I visited an oral surgeon this morning and she said, I might have an abscess and it seems that she has seen pus in my gum socket. I told her that I wanted to get an x ray since none of my medicine could heal the problem and I am too worried cos I've been taking meds for almost 3 months already and I also shared your thoughts regarding the tooth with a lot of pus, that was root canaled. So, she asked for the brand of antibiotics that I've been taking and assumed that they give no effect (since the med that was prescribed by my previous dentist was generic) and she then recommended Dalacin C. If it still won't work after 3 days, then that's the time that I would get an x ray.

Did she do the right thing, Bryanna? And if nothing changes after 3 days, what is she going to do? Is she going to open my gums? That thought pretty scares me. -_-

Xx

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
maiamontilla (10-23-2015)