Thread: Nerve Blocks?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Ankle blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equine Dentist View Post
I am back in desperation as usual.. Having the worst flare up yet. My right side is catching up with my left. As I lay here with my wrist and elbow braces on and my lidocaine cream all over, I find an article about nerve blocks for nueropathy pain. I went down this road for years before back surgery and it got me through just fine until the damage was too great. Any thoughts?? Keep in mind that I work with racehorses and can get tested at any time. My nuerologist suggested marijuana, but I can't even have a percocet in me. I always soldier through like a rockstar, but times like this make me want to freak out. It hurts so bad. Pinched nerves in both elbows and wrists and someone is setting me on fire with this heat. Holy crap. Anyway, please let me know if you have any thoughts.
There was noise about injections that showed improvement for PN. I'm not talking about steroids that help for a couple of weeks with sciatica. This was something else that involved ankle blocks. If you search ankle blocks you might read up on it. I did not give it much consideration as there was no people from this forum that stood on the rooftop and shouted it down the mountain. I don't know your take on pain management but the name is self explanatory. I had been driven into a corner by my pain and my Dr. TOLD me how to take the Hydrocodone 10-325. With the combination of the Hydro during the day and Ambien to induce blissfull sleep, I began to be less depressed. I as well as anyone needs time for this geologically slow process of healing. As for being under the threat of random drug testing, I believe that an RX for whatever shows up in your blood would be sufficient to keep you out of the user category. I got off the Hydro after about 6 or 8 mo and didn't have much trouble. I'm having a little more trouble getting off the Ambien. I reserve the right to take it back up as my sleep these days is hit or miss. I believe that your body needs a minimum of 5 hrs straight sleep for healing. I did have a better time after I started the Ambien. Long story shorter, do what you need to do to get to the next day because time combined with nutrition and excercize and rest will all be needed. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (11-04-2015)