View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 12:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi rsdno,

Perhaps I was unable to think properly the other day when you originally wrote this but today, now that you have gone back through and edited it some, your post finally sank in to where I understand it now. It sound as if you have been through a lot over the years, dealing with fibromyalgia, ibs and rheumatoid arthritis. All these things sound absolutely horrible. I do think that it is just a myth that pain will burn itself out. I believe that people just end up getting used to it and learn to deal with it through different coping methods and medications.

Yes marijuana prices have skyrocketed since the 70's. I'm a little too young to know the prices from then, but my husband used to sell Thai for $8 a gram back then. Seems a little high, pun intended, compared to what you are saying of $25 an ounce but very low compared to the price of what it is today at, sometimes as much as $360 an ounce. Things have come a long way though since the sixties. A lot of research and cross pollination of different plants has brought the THC and CBD levels up a lot, since the 70's. Some of these plants are producing THC levels as high as 26% in the resins and CBD levels as high as 12%. Compared that to what it was in the 70's, A good plant would have THC levels of around 10-12% and CBD levels of around 4%. All that said, you are paying for a much higher quality. I personally can not use any marijuana anymore. I tried here a few months ago and all it did was cause more inflammation. It used to work great when I was using it for arthritic pain but not anymore. If it does work for you, wonderful, I have nothing against it, but it has certainly become an expensive route to relieve pain.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote