View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Cervical MRI what does this mean

I have been told over the past few years that I have a degenerative disease of my cervical spine and in compare to my MRI 2 yrs. and it appears to me to be worse but I don't know what some of this stuff means. I have lost feeling in both thumbs in last 18 months and now it appears to be moving to other finger tips and my hands. I have begun to drop things. I also have severe neck pain that travels down the back of my left shoulder and senfs a shooting pain down my left arm. Hold my head up hurts but laying flat also hurts. Can anyone tell what this MRI language actually means?

MRI REPORT

Alignment: there is loss of normal cervical lordosis with kyphotic curvature noted.

Intervertebral discs show variable degeneration.

Spinal cord size and signal appears to be normal.

C2-3 Facet degeneration is noted bilaterally no canal or foraminal narrowing noted.
C3-4 Mild disc bulge with mild facet degeneration. No canal or foraminal narrowing noted
C4-5 Uncovertebral osteophytes are bilaterally with facet degenerative changes. Mild canal narrowing and bilateral foraminal narrowing noted
C5-6 Diffuse disc osteophyte complex is seen with severe bilateral foraminal and central canal narrowing.
C6-7 broad based diffuse disc osteophyte complex is seen effacing the ventral subarachnoid space and causing bilateral foraminal narrowing.
wbasile62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote