View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 04:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball1 View Post
Are you saying your neuoropathy is better? I drank for 40 years and just quit last week..I have classic PN and the Neuro Doc has no idea what it is from. I am not diabetic, yet I have the same symptoms.

I wonder if there is hope for me as I understand it the nerves are dead and thats it. Tried Gapapentin and well side effects were too bad....

In a bad pain full place now
Eyeball1:
Sorry your having problems, but welcome to the forum.

It's unfortunately very common that the doctors can't tell us what is causing our PN (or, they just don't want to put in the effort it takes to do a complete workup).

Obviously, if you've been a long term drinker the first thing to do is stay far away from alcohol.

Then, you need to give your body what it needs to be properly nourished (particularly your nerves). A good diet and supplements that specifically support nerve health should be considered. There's tons of information on the forum pertaining to supplements. Thiamine, or better yet benfotiamine is recommended if you drink or are recovering from it. There's lots of others that may also help.

Exercise to the extent you can, and try to reduce stress. If the pain is too much, your doctor can prescribe medications that may help. There's many different ones and none work for everyone, so the medication route is usually filed with lots of trial and error.

Good luck.
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Patrick Winter (10-22-2015), zkrp01 (10-22-2015)