View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 02:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

CG, what on earth are you doing?!? You're putting up with all that just for the sake of not being alone? You see, it doesn't really work. You ARE alone... you just now have a drunken bum holding you down. Do you really believe he will be there for you in any "time of need"? He can't even manage to pick you up from work on time... how's he going to handle a real emergency?

I was married to a drunk for seven years, had two sons by him... only thing he was good at was making smart and handsome boys. He was in the navy, a nuclear technician, very smart and made good money. To the outside world, he seemed like a fine husband. You had to be married to him to see the real "man".

But when the boys were 7 & 3, I decided alone was the way to be. He treated me better than your ex does you, but still it was too much for me.

Until you are good at being alone, comfortable with yourself as a human being, you can't hope to make a decent relationship work. It takes two emotionally healthy people to make a marriage work. Being insecure and unsure of yourself won't get better because you are with a good guy... it'll bring him down instead. And that's just not fair to the good guy.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote