View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 10:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator90 View Post
Thanks Mark. I guess I am most worried about the permanence of this. You said you haven't come across anything where alcohol use caused permanent damage after a concussion, correct?

I apologize for kinda having a panic attack all over this thread. It just gets overwhelming to be like this.

One thing I've noticed is that there are different phases or stages of healing. Some happen quickly and some take a lot longer to get through. Thats why to some it may be described as moving through a plateau stage of healing and not seeing any improvement. Healing does not happen overnight and in day to day increments. One thing I can say for certain is that all of this worry and stress is not only going to make your symptoms worse but they will be magnified psychologically because of how strongly you are focusing and worrying about them. It's a hard thing to accept that recovery may take a long time for sure. Try writing a concussion journal. You can keep track of your headache score, screen usage, how you slept, and write down all of your frustrations and worries. The act of doing this can actually clarify things for you and sort out stresses and worries.

Otherwise all you can do is take care of yourself. Avoid the obvious activities, make sure you're getting enough sleep, vitamins/supplements, low stress, and hydrate hydrate hydrate. Otherwise you could maybe look into seeing a cranial sacral therapist. That's one thing that has helped me.
Nick21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote