View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default abscessed tooth extraction.. scared

Hi! I am so glad I found this forum after searching google.
I have bad teeth and I have lost already about 6 of the, also have diabetes 2, woman 36 years old

15 sept I went to dentist because I broke root canaled tooth (2nd premolar or nr 13th upper left side). The tooth also had missing filling from months ago. Dentist made an xray and found large abscess under it and advised that it need to come out right away. The extraction took longer than usually because it was strong and huge. Dentist said that the abscess had went through bone to sinuses and yes I really did have major sinus issues all year. He did some kind of bone treatment to help it heal. He said it was close to sinuses but no hole happened, still suggested to be careful sneezing and blowing nose.
I am on amoxicillin 500 mg 3 times a day.
I really did not have any swelling ( not even now) and not much blood ( just same day) I have been swishing with salt water.
What makes me worried are several things now week later. I do have still a lot of sinus pressure - like small tenderness around nose, eye and forehead. First couple of days I had bad runny nose and much more pressure. I am most worried about pressure (not pain) in the back of my head, side of face, behind ear and back of the neck - I don't understand why I feel like that. Also my lower jaw same side seems to have pressure as well but extraction was on upper side. Sometimes I get bad taste in mouth but I don't seem to get any discharge
I am super worried that infection has spread and keeps spreading . I have had major anxciety all this week and worring myself sick because I have small kids and I need to get better not worse. The pressure is not there all the time but comes and goes. I also think that my back tooth on same side lower side has issues too, so can it be a problem or is it more serious?
Please help because my life has been so stressful this week
rintsike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote