View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 06:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl1818 View Post
Hi Dancinglady,
I was given a diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia three years ago and I was so upset that I went to the store, bought beer and cigarettes and stayed home all afternoon by myself drinking and smoking and googling. The googling made me even more upset, especially when I learned that I had something with the nickname "suicide disease."

Because of this condition, I have pain every day, being able to work has become a huge struggle for me, I can't listen to music or read books (two things I used to LOVE), my marriage is falling apart, I've spent thousands of dollars on medical care and my brain doesn't work as well as it used to because of the medications I take.

BUT...Most of the doctors I've seen these past three years have seemed genuinely concerned and have done many things to help me get better. Even though I still have pain every day, it is at a more manageable level than it was. And I have people in my life who care and try to understand. Sometimes I write their names on a scrap of paper and carry it around in my pocket all day when I feel like I need a reason to stick around.

I hope you have people to lean on and concerned doctors to help you. There are things they can do to make you feel better. Sometimes it takes a frustrating long time, but I feel that you will find something that works for you.

And whenever you need to vent or a shoulder to cry on, come to this forum. This is the most wonderful, supportive group of people on Earth.

Wishing the best for you--Cheryl
Wish I had in person support NONE. Doctors are a joke and are not helpful. I have a mental disorder and they just push me away.
dancinglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-23-2015), barbo (10-23-2015), Wren (10-22-2015)