View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 09:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi rintsike,

Welcome to our dental forum

Thank you for sharing information about your teeth and your health. It will be useful in helping you.

Was the dentist that removed your tooth a general dentist or an oral surgeon? I ask that because most people do not know that general dentists, other than those who have undergone additional surgical training, usually have limited training and experience in surgical procedures. So sometimes their surgery is not as thorough as it should be.

If it was a general dentist then it may behoove you to consult with an oral surgeon to evaluate you for a sinus communication and infection especially since it was so infected and since you had and still have pain in your face and sinus pressure. Oral surgeons have extensive education, training and experience in the removal of infected root canaled teeth with and without sinus communication and handle these cases a bit differently than general dentists.

The pain in your lower jaw may be another infection brewing. So because you have poor dental health it would be wise to have all of your teeth examined clinically and radio graphically to rule out infections before you end up with another abscess. Dental xrays are essential as they will help determine the health of your teeth and your jaw bone. Infected teeth can cause systemic (of the body) infections especially in someone whose dental and medical health is compromised.

I would not recommend that you solely rely on salt water rinses or any other oral or topical substance to take care of your dental concerns because your dental health is an integral aspect of your overall health and it is not wise to mask pain or the symptoms of dental infection with self prescribed topical applications.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please check in with us when you can.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rintsike View Post
Hi! I am so glad I found this forum after searching google.
I have bad teeth and I have lost already about 6 of the, also have diabetes 2, woman 36 years old

15 sept I went to dentist because I broke root canaled tooth (2nd premolar or nr 13th upper left side). The tooth also had missing filling from months ago. Dentist made an xray and found large abscess under it and advised that it need to come out right away. The extraction took longer than usually because it was strong and huge. Dentist said that the abscess had went through bone to sinuses and yes I really did have major sinus issues all year. He did some kind of bone treatment to help it heal. He said it was close to sinuses but no hole happened, still suggested to be careful sneezing and blowing nose.
I am on amoxicillin 500 mg 3 times a day.
I really did not have any swelling ( not even now) and not much blood ( just same day) I have been swishing with salt water.
What makes me worried are several things now week later. I do have still a lot of sinus pressure - like small tenderness around nose, eye and forehead. First couple of days I had bad runny nose and much more pressure. I am most worried about pressure (not pain) in the back of my head, side of face, behind ear and back of the neck - I don't understand why I feel like that. Also my lower jaw same side seems to have pressure as well but extraction was on upper side. Sometimes I get bad taste in mouth but I don't seem to get any discharge
I am super worried that infection has spread and keeps spreading . I have had major anxciety all this week and worring myself sick because I have small kids and I need to get better not worse. The pressure is not there all the time but comes and goes. I also think that my back tooth on same side lower side has issues too, so can it be a problem or is it more serious?
Please help because my life has been so stressful this week

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rintsike (10-23-2015)