View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Maiamontilla,

Oh my goodness.... I assume you are referencing the typhoon that occurred in 2013? I hope you and your family were able to flee the area quickly to a safe place. What a frightening event to live through. I cannot even imagine what that would be like. I hope you are okay!

My suggestion about finding a dentist or preferably an oral surgeon would be to get a listing of all of them, perhaps you could do a google search for someone within a reasonable distance from you. Then call their offices and ask if they have an xray machine or if they will refer you to someplace else to have xrays as you need to have them done. Also take a look at this link...
http://www.whatclinic.com/dentists/philippines/x-ray.

Please let me know when you find someone and in the mean time I would recommend that you keep rinsing with warm salt water 3 times a day and make sure to brush all of your teeth thoroughly 2 times a day.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiamontilla View Post
I'm from the Philippines. Particularly in Tacloban, if you're familiar, the one that has been hit by Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda. Yes, we have private dental clinics here and it's where I'm more comfortable to go whenever I'm pained. And we also have dentist in Public Hospitals, where you pay much lesser, no dentist's fee and payment is just for the anesthesia. But, so far, those private clinics nor the public hosp. that I've visited, none of them owns an X Ray machine. They would have to reffer a certain lab and maybe, that's the reason why their first choice is to prescribe antibiotics than to let me get an X Ray.

Feels like the new antibiotic prescribed yesterday, still has no effect. I just took pain reliever cos I am in deep ache at the moment.

Wish I could find a good Oral Surgeon tomorrow or would it be better if I would just get an X Ray and look for a new dentist to let him read it?

Xx

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
maiamontilla (10-23-2015)