View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 07:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Great post. I too was very active, kiteboarding, surfing, hiking, spinning classes. In the last year- thanks to being immobile, Lyirca & prob depression- I have gained 40 lbs. the extra weight makes things worse but it's tough to get it off. I have CRPS in my feet and they seem to always be on fire. I just got off a knee scooter from a bad injury(5months of not being able to walk). I bought myself bike 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying the sunshine & fall leaves which has helped tremendously in my mood & has helped to build my strength back but my disease seems to vary w/ pain depending on the week and this week- I can't get back out there. Very frustrating. Swimming in the ocean was one thing that helped me but I'm no longer living close to the tropics.
I too have wondered if there is a way to stay active- be strong and feel good. Days when I go to the gym I am often too worn out to do anything & most things agitate the pain, even if its lifting while sitting Down.
Hope you are having a relatively pain free day!
Inspiretoday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-26-2015), DejaVu (10-31-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-23-2015), stillsmiling (10-29-2015)