View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Maiamontilla,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your friends during that horrific event. But at the same time so relieved to hear that you and your family are okay and how very fortunate you all were to be able to stay reasonably safe during the storm. I have experienced a few earth quakes, hurricanes and tornadoes but nothing near the magnitude of that typhoon. The trauma and devastation of that experience will remain with you but so will the positivism from the out pour of love and help from around the world. I pray you never have to experience anything like that again ~'.'~

The reason the extraction of that molar was painful was because of the infection. Infectious bacteria is very acidic whereas the local anesthetic is very alkaline. So irrelevant of how many injections the dentist gave you, the bacteria would over ride the anesthetic. Generally when a tooth is very infected, an antibiotic will be prescribed to be taken for 3 days prior to the extraction to lower the bacterial count so that the anesthetic becomes more effective. The meds would then be continued for another 7-10 days after the extraction. I'm sorry if she did not follow that protocol.

Because you do not have routine dental care and because you still have pain, it would be wise to have a full mouth series of xrays. There is no other way to help determine the health of your teeth and bone because a clinical view is limited and just not good enough.

I hope you can find the dental help you deserve. Please keep us posted
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiamontilla View Post
Hi, Bryanna.

Yes, you're right. The strongest typhoon, i bet. We're just lucky that we are located in a higher area, though the water caused by the storm surge reached us, I am thankful that we live in a two level house and we were able to save our life by staying upstairs. Though our roof gave up and we were all wet, we're still more fortunate than the other victims. I did not lost any member of my family, but I have friends who died and it's so sad. Tacloban has already moved forward and it's gonna be Yolanda's 2nd Anniversary this coming Nov. 8, maybe the pain and trauma would always stay, but at least we are back. And we will always be thankful to all who prayed and helped us stand again. Especially the other countries, including yours.

By the way, I already had an x ray and there was abscess found in the last molar (the tooth beside the recently extracted). The dentist said that there was no more problem in my gums (the one that has history of root canal and the one next to it). She extracted the last molar and God, it was the most painful thing that has ever happened to me. Anesthesia did not work, even if she did it for many times. I really wanted to cry, but I told her to end the agony, so she forcely pulled the tooth. And there, I've seen that there was something black in the tooth. It wasn't that clear so I asked her, she said the black stuff is inside the tooth. She also saw another decayed tooth and pulled it out, too. And I now understand when you said that the health of the teeth and gums could not just be seen through our eyes. But, if only they recommend x ray right away, the burden should've not stayed for almost three months.

Thanks again, Bryanna. Thank you so much!

Xx

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
maiamontilla (10-23-2015)