View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 09:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiretoday View Post
Great post. I too was very active, kiteboarding, surfing, hiking, spinning classes. In the last year- thanks to being immobile, Lyirca & prob depression- I have gained 40 lbs. the extra weight makes things worse but it's tough to get it off. I have CRPS in my feet and they seem to always be on fire. I just got off a knee scooter from a bad injury(5months of not being able to walk). I bought myself bike 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying the sunshine & fall leaves which has helped tremendously in my mood & has helped to build my strength back but my disease seems to vary w/ pain depending on the week and this week- I can't get back out there. Very frustrating. Swimming in the ocean was one thing that helped me but I'm no longer living close to the tropics.
I too have wondered if there is a way to stay active- be strong and feel good. Days when I go to the gym I am often too worn out to do anything & most things agitate the pain, even if its lifting while sitting Down.
Hope you are having a relatively pain free day!
I admire what you are doing so much. I'm flat out unable to do anything any longer. My disease has me home bound and in way too much pain to do anything to keep in great physical shape any longer. I struggle just to make it to the rest room and the fridge, before my pain knocks me flat on my back again. Though, I must say, the diet that I am on to help keep my CRPS pain levels down has done remarkable things to help keep my weight where it really needs to be. *SIGH* oh, the good ole' days! GRIN
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-31-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-23-2015), shelbie4u (10-31-2015)