View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Rintsike,

Please do not use oregano oil, colloidal silver or anything else until the tooth problem has been diagnosed and dental treatment has been done. Neither of those things or any other herb or remedy will cure an infected tooth. Oral infections are not something to ignore or self treat because the infection can spread through your blood stream to other areas of the body. It is important to know that an infected tooth will generally be brewing for quite some time, maybe even years, before you have symptoms. So the symptoms are a "latent" clue that something is wrong. Please do not try to self treat this problem.

I understand that finances are an issue for you however your health is important and a tooth infection can make you very sick. The fact that you have poor dental health and diabetes makes you more susceptible to tooth infections. Root canaled teeth are chronically infected so it is irrelevant of whether the teeth are root canaled or not.

A general dentist with the credentials DDS is a doctor of dental surgery. This is not a surgical degree it is just a degree in general dentistry from a school that gives the DDS credential rather than a DMD, doctor of dental medicine. Both degrees have the same education, just different schools. An oral surgeon would also have either of those degrees AND also an oral surgery license indicating he has had extensive education in oral surgery.

It is not normal to have white gums near the extraction site. This could be infection, plaque/food debris build up, or tissue sloughing off. The site and lower tooth need to be clinically and radio graphically evaluated.

I know your anxiety is through the roof about all of this and the financial aspect adds to that. However, we can usually find a way to push forward when we have to and I urge you to make an appointment to see an oral surgeon for proper evaluation before things get worse and you end up with another emergency situation.

I wish you well and hope you will seek the care you deserve.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rintsike View Post
thank you for answers.

My sinus pain seems to be down but still have weird sensations in neck and collarbone area. Also gums near extraction site seem white. Is this normal?

I am starting to wonder if antibiotics triggered nr 18 tooth on the bottom to act up and this is what gives me jaw pain and neck pain and radiates to collarbone.. not all the time but occasionally. I put all my money to extract the other tooth that now I need to see what to do with this one. I know I need to get it out but I cant recall right now do I have root canal done there. My dentist did xray of one tooth only because of my funds.

My dentist is regular dentist and has his own business but he actually has doctorate in dental surgery. Does that count? I remember when he checked sinuses he did a nose test on me to make sure I don't have hole.

I still have really high anxciety and I am sure many issues are elevated because of this. I am just so scared that something is terribly wrong. Most I am worried about is that radiating pain in my lower jaw and neck.

I am familiar with oregano oil but can you take it internally? I know tea tree oil you cant. I also have heard about colloidial silver but have no idea how to use it.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***

Last edited by Bryanna; 10-23-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote