View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Debi

You are not alone when you talk about an "unperfect" marriage. I really don't think there are many of them out there. I sure didn't have one. And you're right.......looking back many of the "small stuff" things could have been avoided but they weren't. It's true hindsight is 20/20.

My Mom had dementia and then Alzheimer's. Dementia is hard to deal with and patience is absolutely a must! I hope she is a "happy" patient. Some folks get downright mean and that's doubly hard to deal with especially when you aren't used to them having that type of personality.

I really am glad you have a lot of family around you most of the time. I used to want to be around people all the time during the first year or so after he passed. I needed the distraction. Now.......I love my solitude and quiet. I'm sure a lot of that is the MS, too.

I was just looking at the calendar and it's almost time to change our clocks again. Fall back 1 hour. It doesn't bother me but I know some folks just hate it. The only reason I hate it is the huge heavy clock on the wall that I have to remember to ask my son to change for me. Last year I kept forgetting and finally it was almost time to change it back so we just left it! Might do that again this year.

Well, the oven timer just went off so I better go rescue whatever I'm cooking.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-01-2015), eva5667faliure (11-08-2015), Lara (10-23-2015), RSD ME (10-28-2015), St George 2013 (10-23-2015)