View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Looking for help to understand MRI results

Hi. I am new to this site and am looking for help or maybe just reassurance that things will be ok.
About 6 weeks ago I was at a complete stop waiting to turn left when I was rear ended by another car traveling at a high rate of speed ( between 100/110 km). I was taken to hospital, given exrays, and CT scan. All seemed fine and I was told I had severe whiplash. I returned to work 2 weeks later and 3 days in I was in excruciating pain. I went straight back to emerg where I was seen by the same doctor who saw me the day of my accident. He immediately ordered an MRI. I have now gotten the results which came as a complete shock. Please keep in mind that I have been going for physio and massage therapy since the second week after my accident. They both said I have a disk out of place. I started to have numbness and tingling in both my arms/fingers the day after the accident with an annoying ache. I did not have any pain or numbness before my accident. Can anyone help me understand my MRI results?

Lateral Alignment: Adequate
Vertebral Bodies: Unremarkable
Craniocervical Junction & Cervical Cord : Unremarkable allowing for patient motion
c2-c3: Right uncover terra joint hypertrophic
C3-c4: Bilateral uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, greater on the right. Right neural foramen narrowing
C4-c5: Bilateral uncovertebral joint hypertrophy and degenerative facet disease, greater on the right. Bilateral neural foramen narrowing approaching stenosis on the right.
C5-c6: Right uncovertebral joint hypertrophy. Right neural foramen narrowing
C6-c7: Minor broad based posterior disk bulge.
C7-t1: Adequate
Conclusion: Multilevel digerati vie right neural foramen narrowing approaching stenosis

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Ann123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote