View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 01:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Mark. I am still just very confused about what I am dealing with. I hit my head one time very lightly, and every other setback was triggered by alcohol (5 times). While I understand your point that it is imperative to look forward, I don't think the right treatment could be assigned without knowing what exactly is the issue.

I am wondering if the tearing feeling I got after drinking was a result of axonal damage or the fact that I don't feel like myself at all (being blocked off from that thinking) is a result of damage to the white matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I don't know what the problem is (I'm only aware of the symptom I am experiencing) how could I possibly start trying out solutions, and expecting them to work.

So, wondering what tests I should get done to understand where the damage is. I have currently only gotten done an MRI, and EEG. Both were negative.

Would a DTI test make sense? Anything else you could think of?
- It's clear that connections that after my first few times drinking after the concussion would repair in time, are now no longer repairing OR taking a very long time to repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Most cranial sacral therapy is done by an osteopath or Doctor of Osteopathy. Some massage therapists say they practice CST.

But, CST has two parts. Cranial therapy and spinal therapy. Spinal manipulation/therapy by a CST can be useful. CST's claim to be able to read and adjust/move the cranial plates. But, there is no evidence that cranial work has any medical basis. When studied with multiple patients diagnosed by multiple CST's, there was no common diagnosis. Some on NT have tried it and ended up with headaches.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote