View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 02:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenclaw View Post
Hi, for those who have had a myasthenic crisis, I want to know: did you have any time to let the doc know stuff before you were admitted and treated? Did it go gradually, like getting worse in hours/days, or was it more acute so you wouldn't be able to communicate anymore?

Reason for me wanting to know, is I talked to my doc never wanting to get prednison as a treatment in crisis, since I've experienced prednisone psychosis at relatively low dosage, at least half of what people in crisis get.

However, no one can assure me it will not be given, since it is often the protocol where I live, and in live/death situations they just do it.
So, do you think there is time to let the docs know when you're in crisis, or is this not going to be possible.
It should be in your chart that you can't take it just like if your allergic to certain meds but then again if the e.r. doc thinks the benefits out weigh the risks.I think I remember seeing a med bracelet that can state that you can't take it. Hope this helps.
jvaagen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote