View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 05:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwall View Post
Thank you Spike. I'll check it out. I've tried Dr. Wahls' Diet for MS and The Paleo Mom's AIP diet. Both eventually with tweaks and modifications to better suit me. On Dr. Wahl's diet I couldn't keep myself out of severe ketosis even though I wasn't at that highest level (there are three levels). I'm sorry to say after a year and a half of careful management, I've been horrible with the sweets lately. And one thing I know for sure is that sugar increases my pain and swelling! I think I'm back on the right track now. Or getting there. Perhaps your diet will help me get closer to the best diet for the n=1 that is me. My problem is I lose my appetite on these diets and just stop eating. Now I'm trying to keep it loose enough so that doesn't happen but strict enough to keep me feeling good.

As for your original question, like many of us, I was very physically active my entire life until the CRPS/POTS hit me quite suddenly nearly three years ago. Right now I do what I can which is many days just trying to take care of myself and my dogs (no walking- big yard). I do some restorative yoga when I can. I can't be on my feet for more than a few minutes because of my POTS shooting my heart rate up so high so I'm trying to find the right recumbent exercises to build myself back up. And like so many of us, yourself included, I grieve for my former physical abilities and want them back.
I have a question for you. And please do tell me if you would rather not answer, which is fine.

Here it is... Tell me about your POTS and how that complicates your CRPS? Would you mind?
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-31-2015)