View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spike- View Post
I have a question for you. And please do tell me if you would rather not answer, which is fine.

Here it is... Tell me about your POTS and how that complicates your CRPS? Would you mind?
No, it's no problem. You might want to look into it because you could have it too. They say about 10% of people with CRPS also have POTS. I believe it's more because dysautonomia is a very common symptom of CRPS.

My worst problem is if I stand up my heart rate goes up from 40 to 100 beats higher per minute (normal is around 15 or 20). Often exceeding my maximal calculated heart rate. This would probably be because my vessels don't constrict properly to keep gravity from allowing the blood to pool in my lower body and keep enough blood flowing to my brain so my heart has to beat faster. If I stay up long enough my heart rate will start going down some but then I get dizzy, have tunnel vision, etc., and eventually pass out, presumably because my heart can't keep up with pumping enough blood to my brain.

There are a bunch of other symptoms and obviously a range of disability caused by it. I consider myself moderately disabled because of it right now. Some people can't get up at all. Although some people find a treatment or treatments that help, it can be very refractory to treatment. Mine is.

Here's a good link:

http://www.dinet.org/index.php/infor.../pots-overview
cdwall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (10-26-2015), BioBased (10-26-2015), DejaVu (10-31-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-24-2015)