View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 11:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Mild TBI - Post Concussive Syndrome

Hi,
I was in a car accident 2 years ago and have been struggling since. I was disoriented and had difficulty expressing myself immediately after the accident. after visiting my family doc I was cautioned to pay attention to how I felt and not push too hard at work. I was told the brain needs to rest to heal. I am self employed in a competitive work environment and tried to return to work in a reduced capacity soon after the accident. Upon return to work it was obvious to my colleagues that I needed more time as I was unable to manage my time and was easily overwhelmed by sounds and activity. I made too many serious mistakes to continue.
I have been through most of the treatments I have read about here and still continue with Occupational Therapy, Psychology and vision therapy.
Every day is different and unpredictable. it is so frustrating not to be able to count on being able do planned activities, simple things like going to my son's hockey game, even going in to a store gives me problems. Usually I will go to the car and wait for my husband. Sometimes it is easier to just not go. I no longer drive as I have convergence issues and have double vision.
I seem to have accepted that I will not be doing the same job as I used to do, sometimes when I feeling good I still think maybe I can go back....but deep down I know that the job is something I will not be successful with again.
So now what...
I have read some books, most recently The Ghost in My Brain, that talk about TBI's and recovery.
I would love to hear about some successes and recoveries. Maybe wishful thinking on part.
Almost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote