View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 01:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mark, thanks again. I am seeing a psychiatrist and a neurologist. They also recommended taking B12 and Folic so starting that right away.

I just don't know how to keep moving forward when I feel nothing like myself, and can't connect and communicate with a single person out there. I'm 24, all my friends are dispersed all over the country, and none live near me. When I talk to them on the phone, I feel like I'm a stranger that I don't even recognize. I am alone all day, and constantly fighting depression, you're right.

I am worried about starting depression medication because that might mess with my thinking even if it begins to clear. I took depression medication 6 years ago when my father passed away, and felt like they just confused me. My doctor mentioned anxiety medication, but my heart racing/ panic moments are very rare (less than once every 4 days). When I feel anxiety building up, I try to engage in some activity and that pretty much stops the panic because I'm also very aware that anxiety is counter-productive regardless of if I'll ever get better.

The only reason I don't think what I am experiencing is just depression is because of actual physical headaches I feel all day when trying to think. Also, as mentioned earlier, the two days since July when things did begin to clear up, I felt extreme mental exhaustion and pain as I tried to communicate.

I hear you. I'll stop trying to diagnose. I just wonder if the same treatments you are suggesting (mild stimulation, rest, good brain blood flow) would work for me considering I have none of the other symptoms commonly experienced by multiple concussion patients. Realizing here, like you said that no two brain injuries are the same.
hermanator90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote