View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 08:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have this too. Someone here on this forum explained that the reason it's worse at night usually is because our tendons are still when we rest. This allows the nerves in our peripheries to transmit signals to the brain faster via our tendons. The reason the pain in feet and hands is so much worse is because we need these to respond the fastest to emergencies such as a fire or whatever. Not sure if I've got this quite right or not but I found it somehow very consoling as an explanation.

I'm lying in my bed right now in severe pain in both hands and feet. In my case I think it's part of the rheumatic disease process but this hasn't been properly acknowledged by my doctors yet and I'm not on any medications for the underlying disease now either. I think the reason it's worse tonight than it has been for a few weeks is because I am tapering off steroids slowly - down to 1mg yesterday. Personally I haven't found any natural cure that works. I'm gluten free and only eat healthy, wholesome foods, mostly avoid sugars and my blood glucose levels are entirely normal, as are most of my bloods apart from inflammation levels which fluctuate. I exercise, keep busy and still this thing plagues me day in day out - for over two years now. Sorry you have it too. 😟

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (10-26-2015), northerngal (10-25-2015), piersanti123 (10-28-2015), zkrp01 (10-26-2015)