View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 08:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat33 View Post
Hello,

I am new to the board and joined after I received a call from my neurologist last week letting me know that a brain MRI I had showed that I had enlarged ventricles and potential Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus. I am 33 years old and looking online I can find very little information about anyone who has been diagnosed with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus around my age. I was curious if anyone on here potentially could have this condition and be around my age? Also, if so, I am curious what your main symptoms are? I am having issues with fatigue, muscle weakness, continued bladder infections and some short term memory problems (but not sure if the memory is anything new, I have felt my short term memory hasn't been great all my life).

So thanks for anyone who has any thoughts or may be able to let me know I am not the only one out there with this type of condition around my age.

Thanks!
Hello ,
Well I was diagnosed of Nph hydro at 44 years old .I was having serious issue with short term memory ,balance ,gait issue ,urine incontinence....and severe intra cranial pressure .As well I did loose hearing on left side for several months ...sinuses were under severe pressure ...I was quite lethargic (sleepy .no concentration ,severe low back and top back radiating pain.I suffered seizures a few time .One time after being at the hair dresser and had received a capillary massage ...I fainted ...looking back I understood why lol.Blood pressure was dangerously high,i could not feel my feet at times etc
one lumbo peritoneal shunt was put in in 2000 ...it failed after a month and half ....was out 4 years on fluid pills which we do know is only or should be only used on a short term basis ..Anyway they finally decided to operate and put in a ventriculo-peritoneal shunt {brain area}In 2015 I am still with the same shunt ...it is not a programmable one but I guess at the time the neuro surgeon made that decision for me .I do go through severe head aches with change in barometric pressure but I have learned different ways to cope .Art therapy has been a true blessing ..When I paint ,I focus on painting and concentrating which gives me a sense of accomplishment and joy .I am preparing for a art showing this November ...it sure keeps me focused lol...Lowtide
lowtide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote