Thread: I can't sleep
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 03:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spike- View Post
Hi Julie,

I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator Trial performed a few years ago. We decided to go that route after about a year of unsuccessful attempts at other treatments. One of my doctors said that once implanted, these offer successful relief in 85% of patients. Unfortunately for me, I was one of the 15%. The minute the switch was flipped on, I screamed, cried, sobbed, and wept bitterly for 17 straight hours. The pain was so intense and so unbelievably horrendous that I prayed to God that he would just end my life that day. I didn't know a person could experience that degree of physical suffering and live! The woman that I was with started crying, as she watched the degree of my suffering, knowing there was nothing she could do to help me, but pray. Yet, I would be one of the first to recommend giving it a try, if that is what you decide that you want. But I would also recommend giving the surgical trial a whole lot of thought and prayer before dipping your foot in for a try to see if it works for you.

What they do is: They surgically insert a line next to your spinal cord. This line would then connect to the stimulator which would buckle on your belt. It has different levels of intensity. Once it is turned on, you would adjust the setting to where the doctor tells you to start the intensity. And then over a course of what was for me a 2 week trial (though I didn't make it through even the first hour with mine), you slowly increase the intensity to where it would be, if they were to insert a permanent stimulator in your body.

Inserting the trial stimulator was about a 45 minute surgery. And I can't remember, but I think inserting the permanent one would take around a couple of hours, maybe a bit more than that.

___ And then you were asking about pain coming and going in different parts of your body. Yes, that does happen. In my opinion, hit those areas as hard as you can with physical therapy, and stay on top of it with those areas, so that the pain doesn't become permanent. And Desensitize the HE-double tooth picks out of that area. Use soft cloths, popsicle sticks, different textured cloths and objects on those areas. That will help to convince your CRPS that it needs to go play else where. What you do within the first 6 to 9 months in those areas will be crucial to helping ward off the disease spreading its symptoms to those areas In MY OPINION. I'm not a medical professional. I'm just sharing with you what has happened to me through out the course of my experience, as I've battled with this dreadful disease.

You are in my prayers about your job!! I am putting you on my prayer list. God's peace!

-Spike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Juliek72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-27-2015)