View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 11:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Anxiety...GAD & SAD

Hi everyone!

I have Fibromyalgia. I also have major depressive disorder, general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and PTSD. The nurse practitioner at the therapy group that I go to had prescribed a mild benzodiazepine. I used to be a pharmacy technician before Fibro changed my life. I refuse to allow myself to become addicted to such a class of drugs. I know have to see my therapist weekly and the psychiatrist monthly. He and I bickered back and forth until we came to agree on 1/2mg twice a day.

I really feel like they don't understand the way everything works together. My daughter is getting married in 2 weeks so things are getting hectic. I keep 2 of my grandkids while their parents work. I am having my 2nd cataract surgery in a couple of days and there is still a possibility of needing corneal transplants and I also have primary optic atrophy. I just feel like I am a bit on edge. My son popped open some Pillsbury biscuits and I jumped.

I had never been anxious like this when I was younger. It seems to get worse as I get older. Has anyone else experienced worsening of their anxiety as they get older? I will only be turning 50 in March.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (10-26-2015), PamelaJune (10-26-2015), Snoopy (11-02-2015)