View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 12:31 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

itburns, yes it did burn and tingle for me for about 5 yrs after hip replacement MESS. I ended up with Femoral Nerve Damage and just lived with the burn/tingle until a naturopath gave me 4 suggestions on what I could try to eliminate the burn. I chose Inosine and Sphingolin and these have pretty much given me a burn free thigh...still very numb as I guess the nerves are so damaged and if they ever come back, who knows. I am much older than you but have a pretty old back with a lot of degeneration, but I just deal with it and choose to do no back surgeries. I've heard enough stories on those.

I ended up with spinal stenosis from surgery and did a lot of specific PT and learned specific stretches for that area. I'm pretty good there considering where I was. Rheumy did acupuncture on that area for a year or so and then I did some more at a clinic.

I don't know how old you are but I'm 77 and have had back, mostly lower, for about 60 yrs. But somehow I got thru it all. Was very active for most of my life and it started to catch up with me in my 60's and then bam with the hip replacement. So we all have our stories and how we have managed it all and yes we're all different. I take quite a few supplements for EVERYTHING which includes joints. C
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote