View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 05:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 2nd opinion?

ElaineD How was the decision made about needing a knee replacement? How about trying a Musculoskeletal doctor before making a decision?

About 10 years back I was told by an orthopedic surgeon that I needed a hip replacement. I decided to get a 2nd opinion by someone who would not be prone to advocate for surgery. The Musculoskeletal doctor I saw was part of a teaching hospital, and he point blank told me I did NOT need a hip replacement and referred me to an excellent PT. I know you saw a PT, but not all are created equal. From what you wrote you might have visits left (I have Medicare and have had no problem getting at least 22 visits.) I found a PT that spent the entire hour with just me, not 4-5 clients in a factory type setup. Besides working on my body he would also spend time teaching things I could do on my own.

I'm just throwing this out there and don't know what would be best for you. I just think in these situations a slightly different perspective from another medical professional could be a help.

Last edited by pinkynose; 10-26-2015 at 09:23 PM.
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (10-27-2015)