View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 09:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi bd, you have a lot going on in your life right now. My symptoms can wax and wane depending on what is going on in my life, but I have found that by communicating to people around me how I feel or how unexpected things can set me off I have been able to take measures to get through the day. For instance, I started work again this year, staff realised that by walking into my office or the kitchen unannounced causes me to jump, gasp and panic, just because I'm not expecting it, so now, they start talking before they reach the room so I am aware that they are there. It's little things like that which make a difference.

I would agree that my symptoms have worsened as I've gotten older, probably because I'm aware of them more. I have been prescribed benzos previously and they worked for the period in which I needed them. Perhaps your nurse realised with a wedding round the corner that emotions run high and you could do with the extra support just for a short time. See how you are after the wedding and ask if you can titrate down and stop them.

I am once again no longer on benzos, I have a dislike for them, but I do recognise there are periods when I need them and they have helped. Once I'm through the crisis I cut down and go back to none at all. I learned this the hard way, at one time I was on 2mg Xanax for well over 12 months, it's very addictive and I believe that when I stopped it contributed to a grand mal seizure (2012), now when prescribed it, I will only take it for a month at the most, first three days at whatever prescribed dose (last time .5 mg a day) and then I begin cutting it down so that by the time the month is up I'm on only a minimal minimal amount and it is easy to stop. Sorry I can't be of much more help. Enjoy the wedding

[QUOTE=bddouglas;1179773]Hi everyone!

I really feel like they don't understand the way everything works together. My daughter is getting married in 2 weeks so things are getting hectic. I keep 2 of my grandkids while their parents work. I am having my 2nd cataract surgery in a couple of days and there is still a possibility of needing corneal transplants and I also have primary optic atrophy. I just feel like I am a bit on edge. My son popped open some Pillsbury biscuits and I jumped.
bddouglas (11-01-2015), Snoopy (11-02-2015)