View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 12:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Lilygirl,

Sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time and in extreme pain. For you to feel your family isn't supporting you makes it harder. Is it possible your family is angry because they don't understand that such extreme pain can persist in someone who probably looks healthy?

I'm going to put a link here to an article that many have used to explain the effects of chronic illness to their families/friends.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ar...-spoon-theory/

It may not entirely relate to your current situation but probably close enough that if you show it to your most supportive family member it may help them get a better picture of your situation and open up a discussion on how they (and others) can help you by realizing and accepting that your situation is far worse for you than any effect it may be having on their own lives.

I know when you're really ill the people who's support you want most is those closest to you - but I also know that support often doesn't come unconditionally or in a limitless supply. That's where NT is so great. There is always someone here to understand, advise, support and cheer you on. So you're not alone.

Stay strong and hopefully you'll get some suitable treatment soon. Let us know how you're doing.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (10-27-2015), Lilygirl1 (10-29-2015)