View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 10:45 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffman View Post
Hi Everyone,

My small fiber biopsy test came back positive last week yet my Neurologist assured me that many people that have SFN lead normal lives. From everything I have read here and other places that does not seem to be true. First off It does not seem that the med's I have read about offer enough pain relief to allow one to consider their life “normal” or even functional. In addition I have read the meds stop working after a while and/or getting off of them is a nightmare? Am I being too negative? If so please let me know.......

Having only had this for the last 3 month's I'm pretty scared.

Thank you in advance for your input.......

Cliffman

I would say "normal' isn't applicable. You do adjust to it, it just becomes your daily burden and we all have burdens. Although i would sooner have compound fractures in both my legs and the reality of knowing that I just need time and i WILL HEAL. As opposed to knowing that this weird disease likely will never heal. Hard to feel normal knowing that. For some people it progresses into worse symptoms which really takes the "normal" out of the equation. And has you living in a constant state of fear. If it doesn't progress it may be closer to normalcy for some.

I have had this for probably 2 years and it really has been full blast for a year. Have you found any relief via medication or supplementation (or both). in my case a combination of both is what is allowing me to function at this point. Although i am never 100 percent. my best days are about 60% of the real me. Doctors say, "well, that's good, better than 30%".

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jon1 (12-16-2015), mrsD (10-27-2015), zkrp01 (10-27-2015)