View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffman View Post
Hi Everyone,

My small fiber biopsy test came back positive last week yet my Neurologist assured me that many people that have SFN lead normal lives. From everything I have read here and other places that does not seem to be true. First off It does not seem that the med's I have read about offer enough pain relief to allow one to consider their life “normal” or even functional. In addition I have read the meds stop working after a while and/or getting off of them is a nightmare? Am I being too negative? If so please let me know.......

Having only had this for the last 3 month's I'm pretty scared.

Thank you in advance for your input.......

Cliffman
Many things in life make us reset to a new normal. When one of these things happen there is a time of grief and loss while at the same time there is evolution toward the "new" normal. I will never be the same as I was but I am almost to the point where I can stop grieving about it. Yesterday I dropped a plate of food as it was being handed to me in a cafeteria. It fell a couple of inches and did not spill so I grabbed it again and said"something shocked me" and went on as if it were "normal". The same evolution will occur with your pain threshold. Perhaps as time passes your pain tolerance will increase as your meds effectiveness decreases. I have quit Gaba and Hydro and currently have Tylenol with codeine that I only use for road trips. You know that all cases are individual and there are very few hard and fast rules so be patient and yes-thankful- and you will settle into what will be your new normal. May it be with little fear and grief. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jon1 (12-16-2015), pinkynose (10-27-2015), Sophie0513 (12-15-2016)