View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 12:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Hi D, I'm off to one in 3 weeks (November) I will be an in house resident for 4 weeks and will be able to give you some more info over the next 2 weeks as I begin pre treatment therapy.
Hi Pam,
My brain is not working well....sorry, I thought I had posted back to you.

Do you mind talking about your personal goals for the pain rehab?

I would like to either get off my pain meds or get on lower doses and be able to learn new ways to deal with pain that I have not tried. For example, I have not tried biofeedback. I would love to finally get off Lyrica but with my neuropathy I don't know if that will ever be possible.

I had gone to a holistic health center for 3 weeks many yrs ago and got off all my meds but that place was basically about detoxing the entire body off the Standard American diet and remaining on a raw vegan diet to keep the body alkaline, lower BP and chol. It was great, I was very successful, I felt great and lost 12 lbs but I pushed myself too hard to get off everything in 3 wks and found the raw vegan diet hard to live on full time. I lasted 2+ yrs then, what can I say, life intervened and I slowly fell off the diet. I am on more meds now and feel I need more support with drug detox and health providers specifically trained in pain control.

You are in my prayers as you deal with these issues and your sweetie being home and just back to work. Don't know how you do it.
My best, D.

p.s. feel free to PM or whatever while you are there. would love to be your cheerleader.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-31-2015), PamelaJune (10-27-2015), St George 2013 (10-27-2015), vintagewine (11-08-2015)