View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 03:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiretoday View Post
Hi everyone,

I have questions regarding getting pre-auth from the insurance companies for inpatient Ketamine Infusions. The two pain clinics that I am working with have deemed this as the necessary step. Today when I spoke with the nurses' station they indicated that this is a very long process & has a high rate of not being approved for patients. This terrifies me as my CRPS is getting worse and I am worried about losing the ability to work, care for myself and have any sort of life outside of pain.

What is everyone's experience with this? The protocol at the facility I will be going to is a 4-5 day inpatient infusion...which of course is very costly.

Does it typically take months? Will the insurance insist I do a SCS first?(I am completely unwilling to do this) Thanks in advance for any insight!
It all depends on your insurance company. I have been getting outpatient ketamine infusions for over a year now(covered by my insurance), which have helped TREMENDOUSLY. Last year I had wanted to go for a 5 day inpatient infusion at a place in Arizona, but my insurance companied denied it. I appealed their decision and it was taken to an independent arbitrator with the state's insurance board who agreed w/ the insurance company. Then I had to have several surgeries (gall bladder removed and duodejunostomy for Superior Mesoteric Artery Syndrome). Finally, when I was healed and well enough to travel, I found another doctor who performs a 7 day inpatient infusion in the ICU of a major hospital. When they sent a pre-auth to my insurance company it was approved immediately. I was pleasantly surprised.

I hope you have good luck!
LovesTerriers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (10-27-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-27-2015)