View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 06:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna! That site seems like a wealth of information, thank you, will look at other things too. From those 4 on the list, looks like the best option is the first one - the combination of anesthetics without epi and without sulphites? Problem is, how do I approach this topic with the surgeon?

Yes, the cyst(?) might be related to an already extracted infected (previously root canaled) tooth, but to me it feels like it is high up, a little higher than the end of the root. Does that make sense?? The extraction went well, but now, some months later, I can feel "something" there (even though my dentist cannot). I also feel weird "cold"(?) symptoms on/off like some other posters, suggesting to me that this may be a remnant infection high up in the maxilla. Surgeon suggested an open exploration (no tests) or plain xray of the area, or CT. You can probably see that I am extremely reluctant about the CT, esp that he suggested surgery even without scans (he said it was pretty obvious to him). So if he is so certain, why go through all that radiation. It's a front tooth, with this "cyst" located almost under my nostril, so easy access for him. He does have my panorex already.
What are your thoughts on this? Should people always get a CT prior to having procedures of this kind?

Should I worry about him taking the culture and antibiotics rx before the culture?
Siobhan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote