View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhall748 View Post
I have CRPS in my left arm. In the last year, I have been having symptoms in my right arm. Now its spreading up my left neck, face, lips, chest and left boob!
I am still telling myself its all in my head, dont think about it. But it is getting worse. Can you share your stores about when your CRPS spread to other places, or into full body CRPS. i am scared I will be full body soon. I get waves of pain that jump around to all the places I described? Please tell me how yours spread, how long it took, and what happens next?
Hi Dhall,
This monster first was in my left forearm and hand due to surgery after a very bad truck accident. As it got worse my hand began to claw up to the point of my fingers pressing my wrist where you check the pulse. To relieve the pressure and make my hand look somewhat normal I surgically had my wrist fused and a 4" plate placed across from my forearm to my hand to hold it straight. I lost the control of my fingers.
Then the spread started. First to my left side from the shoulder to my foot. I thought this was due to the rod and plate in me.
Then my face became numb and drooped so a CT scan was taken and this is when the shrinking of my cerebellum was fist noticed.
My monster spread to my central nervous system at the brain stem area where the spine meets the brain.
Now CRPS has taken over my entire body through my nervous system running everywhere.
Between the lack of control of my motor skills, being forced to use a wheelchair and the constant nerve and bone pain it's now become a daily battle. Some days are okay and some are not.
Days like today when the triggers are hitting hard I wish I could take something to go totally physically "comfortably numb".
To answer your question, from the accident to full body CRPS took around three years.
Well that's my story anyway. Thanks for listening...
Russell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-29-2015), birchlake (10-31-2015), Dhall748 (11-02-2015), Enna70 (10-29-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-28-2015)