Thread: Hyperacusis
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
TRT is tinnitus retraining therapy. I think its a sound generator ear device that gives off a white noise effect to build tolerance to sounds.

My daughter is sensitive to noises - like A/C, car engine, printer, crowded areas or loud music. This seems to happen just a few months ago in her concussion phase. She is using ear plugs but I heard that it might be counter productive over time and cause her brain/ear to be more intolerant of background noises. I don't want her to start getting an aversion to noises below 85 decibels as well...

So I heard about the TRT treatment or a pink noise CD that might help build tolerance. It's been a real challenge finding places to go that she can tolerate before the noise triggers her headaches.

So hoping someone has some good ideas about resolving this or tried some therapy with success....
Hello Mystical

I was also diagnosed with hyperacusis recently and I am also looking for the answer to his question. I hope your daughter find relief. I am planning to opt TRT therapy for two weeks. I hope it helps.
pinka16 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote