View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 07:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Buffym. Spike and Purple have covered a lot of great areas. I'm also so very sorry to hear your daughter has CRPS. Some of us in this forum refer to CRPS by it's older name RSD, but it is the same thing. Few thoughts, when I first came on here to this site I read every page of the "sticky" RSD LIFESAVERS and found it extremely helpful. I learned a great deal of what I should do that would be helpful and what I shouldn't do like put ice on the swollen area, as Purple mentioned. You will really have to be your daughter's advocate. Research on your end is vital. As Spike mentioned finding a PT and other members of her care team that are familiar with CRPS is ideal. If they are not familiar, they need to be open to becoming well versed in it. It is very helpful that she has been diagnosed early on. I live in an extremely rural area outside of Gainesville FL, and I have to travel to Dr.'s appointments. It took a long time for me to find them, but I found a couple of amazing Doctors. I hope you will stay on the forum, and ask as many questions as you have. There are so many people on here that understand this disease. Best wishes.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
stillsmiling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
buffym (10-29-2015), DejaVu (11-01-2015), Enna70 (10-29-2015), Littlepaw (11-01-2015), PurpleFoot721 (10-29-2015)