Old 10-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi ncole1,

Welcome to the forum. If you are having myoclonic sz. these sz. happen when you first wake up or when you go to bed at night. I've had them in the past and I found that the only drug that stopped them was vimpat. If I may ask have you had a sleep study done. My Epileptologist ordered a sleeps study for me and found out I was having sz. 1-2 hrs. before waking up in the morning but I never realized it.
Ambulatory EEG is scheduled soon. Is this what you mean?

Quote:

Your Dr. needs to do a PET and SPECT scan on you to find out what's going on in your brain.
You seem to tell this to virtually everybody here on this forum, almost indiscriminately. No offense, but the most appropriate tests will very from one person to another, you realize this, right?

Quote:

I also have bilateral sz. and often the damage is to deep in the brain for an e.e.g. or MRI to show up.
It is true that an EEG only picks up what is near the outer surface, but an MRI should get anything in the whole brain, right?

Quote:

To find the correct sz. med tell your neuro to do a DNA test on you. They will have to take a few tubes of blood and use a q-tip and wipe the inside of your mouth. All of that is sent to the lab and the Dr. can see your body chemistry along with the amount of enzymes in your liver and match all of that up to the best seizures med with the least side effect. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day the B12 has greatly reduced my sz. because it calms the nerves. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
I am skeptical of nutritional supplements, they seem to have no effect, including B12. Believe me, if a simple home remedy could do it like this, I wouldn't have gone to all this trouble in the first place!
ncole1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote